I received a check from Ebates a couple days ago.
It’s a little hard to see in this picture, but the check is for $121.80.
That’s not bad for rebates on purchases I would have made anyway and for referring a few people!
If you are not familiar with Ebates, it’s an online shopping portal that pays you a rebate when you open an account, click on a link in the Ebates website, and shop like you normally would.
With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and a multitude of credible retail partners, Ebates is a safe and reliable way to make the most of your purchases.
Read on for a review of Ebates’ features and functionality, as well as my own personal experience saving with the site.
How Ebates Works
Why does Ebates stand out? The company’s tagline says it best:
No points. No fees. No forms.
Ebates doesn’t cost you a thing to use, and purchases don’t cost anything extra – in fact, many of them come with discounts you won’t find elsewhere!
Get paid to shop with Ebates.com!
So what’s the catch, you might ask?
There isn’t one.
Ebates and similar companies have agreements with the companies they work with.
Here’s how it works:
In return for sending the websites and stores traffic and paying customers, the companies give Ebates a commission.
Ebates, in turn, gives its users a commission as well.
The stores are happy because they get business in an increasingly competitive environment, you are happy because you get a discount and a rebate, and Ebates plays the happy middleman.
What Ebates offers
Ebates has a lot to offer customers, with a wide variety of stores and enticing promotions, where you can earn up to 40% cashback.
Here are some of the main promotions Ebates offers:
- In-store cashback: If you add your American Express or Visa Card to Ebates’ system and link your account in the settings menu, Ebates will be notified (within a week) when you shop in their partner stores and pay with the card. Then, you receive the rewards just as you would online.
- Online cashback: Once you have an Ebates account, simply enter the store of your choice from Ebates.com, and your purchases will contribute to your cashback amount.
- Double cashback: As its name implies, this features provides members with double the cashback reward on purchases. The list of participating stores varies, and updates to the list are reflected on the Ebates app and website.
- Travel and Vacation: Ebates curates an ever-changing alphabetized list of flights, hotels, cars, and rentals with cash-back opportunities. You can also input your travel dates and locations for specialized deals.
- BOGO: With this tool, Ebates features buy-one-get-one promotions currently running at its partner sites, scoping out the best deals for you and allowing you to get cashback at once. It’s a double deal!
- Gift Cards: This is another simple way to earn with Ebates. Next time Christmas or a loved one’s birthday rolls around, consider purchasing your gift cards through Ebates. Some partners on the site offer as much as 10% cashback on offers!
Who Ebates partners with
The offers sound great, but you’re probably wondering if Ebates offers cashback at any of your favorite stores.
With over 2500 participating retailers, I’m willing to bet you’ll find a store you patronize.
According to Ebates, here are their 20 most popular stores at the time of this article:
- Old Navy
- Ulta Beauty
- Bed Bath and Beyond
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Best Buy
- Sam’s Club
With Ebates, you can save on everything from clothing and accessories to a vacation, groceries, or construction materials.
The possibilities are endless.
How to start making money with Ebates
The process is very easy.
- Sign up for a free Ebates account using Facebook, your Google account, or email.
- Once you create your free account, start shopping through the website or download the free app for IOS or Android.
- Using the links on Ebates, start shopping at your favorite retailers.
- You can link your Paypal account or have rewards checks, aptly titled “Big Fat Checks” mailed to you.
- Track your purchases and rebates through the app or Ebates site.
- Receive your rebates every 3 months. If your rewards balance is below $5.00, it will be applied to your next Big Fat Check or Paypal rebate.
Simple Straightforward Savings.
You can also get a few dollars for referring new members to Ebates.
NOTE: Since checks are only sent out every three months, you may have to wait awhile from the time you make your purchase until you receive your rebate or referral bonus.
But as you can see from the check above, the wait may just be worth it!
Not all checks are this large, by the way.
My previous check was about $15.
As a point of reference, my last check was about $15.
It is much higher this time around because in the past few months I visited Ebates before buying a Dell computer, Mother’s Day Flowers, sporting goods, and several other fairly large ticket items.
Still, a few bucks here and there can add up quickly.
Join now and get a $10 rebate after your first purchase. Ebates always offers a $5 bonus rebate to new members after they make their first purchase, but for a limited time, Ebates is offering new members $10 for signing up and making their first purchase.
Currently, that $10 can come in the form of a gift card to the currently promoted retailer or be added to your first check or Paypal installment.
To thank the referring person, Ebates sends them $10 as well.
It’s a winning situation all around!
Note: The $10 offer is subject to change at any time.
The lowest I have seen it reach is $5, and the highest is $25.
Why I shop with Ebates
Overall, my experience with Ebates has been incredibly positive.
In the six or seven years I have been an Ebates member, I have only had one transaction that wasn’t recorded – and that was early on.
In other words, the platform and technology have grown by leaps and bounds since I have been a member!
In fact, I rarely make an online purchase now without first checking to see if I can get a rebate through EBates or a similar company (FatWallet is another good recommendation).
Bottom line: Ebates is a fantastic way to make money on your purchases.
With a wide variety of retailers and a streamlined process, you could be earning a nice profit on your shopping trips with just a few extra clicks.