Everyone loves bonus money! And yes, there is such a thing as bonus money! I have compiled this list to share some methods you can use to earn cash back, sign up bonuses, rewards points, rebates, and similar offers. There is more than just bonus money though – I will regularly update this list with new sign up bonuses, trial offers, and other free resources.
I’m sure that you’ve gotten dozens and dozens of pieces of junk mail or emails that claim that you can get free money just for signing up or completing some sort of offer. If you’re like most people, you probably just toss those pieces of mail in the trash. You could be throwing away free money.
Businesses are always looking for ways to attract new customers. It seems like just about every company has a sign up bonus or referral program to lure in new customers. While some of these are just looking to get you in the door, there are a lot of programs that you can take advantage of.
Bank Bonus Offers for New Customers
Many banks offer sign up bonuses in the form of cash, gift cards, or rewards points. Many banks also give new customers higher introductory rates when opening certain accounts, such as Chase Bank Checking. Here are some of the most valuable bank sign up bonus offers:
|Bank / Credit Union||Bonus|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225||Open a new account and have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of coupon enrollment. Direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.||Chase Bank Review||Y|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100||Complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment. Qualifying transactions include debit card purchases, online bill payments, Chase QuickDepositSM, Zelle®, or ACH credits.||Chase Bank Review||Y|
Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses:
The credit card industry is heating up, with credit card companies offering sweet deals to attract your business. Did you know that anyone can sign up for a business credit card; just use your SSN when you open your account. Here are more credit card bonuses if you don’t find what you are looking for in the chart below.
Each of the credit cards listed above comes with additional terms and offers. Please visit the site for more specific information. As always, be sure to read the fine print to ensure you are opening an account that is appropriate for your needs!
E-File Taxes for Free:
Cash Back, Bonuses, and Money Saving Resources:
- Cash Back Rebates for Online Shopping with Ebates: $10 Ebates Bonus (Ebates Review)
- Free Investment Resources and Tools.
- Military Discounts. Military discounts, deals, promotions, scholarships, and more.
- What cell phone company will pay the early termination fee, should you find a cheaper plan elsewhere
Free Movies and Video Games:
- Netflix – Free Two Week Trial. Try Netflix for one month free of charge. Read this article, free Netflix trial, for more information.
- GameFly – Free Trial. GameFly is the “Netflix of Video games.” Get a Free Gamefly Trial and enjoy video game rentals with free shipping and no late fees.
Try some of the following discounted travel outlets when making your next travel reservations:
- Uber – Uber has exploded in the past several years. Not only is Uber a great way to get around town, but they also have an excellent referral program that you can use. If you refer a friend or family member to the program, then they will get a free ride (for up to $10) and you’ll get $5 for referring them. All that you have to do is give them your promo code, and if they create an account, then you’ll get the free cash.
- Lyft – Lyft has a similar referral program to Uber. For every new passenger that you refer to the ride-share program, you can get up to $10 in your deposit. Lyft regularly has promos that will give you more for every friend that you refer.
- PayPal – You’re probably familiar with PayPal, but what you might not know about is their referral program. For every friend that you get to create an account using your referral link, you’ll get $5 put into your PayPal account.
- AirBnB – If you have friends that like to do a lot of traveling, make sure they use your AirBnB referral code. You’ll earn $20 the first time that they book a trip through AirBnB. If they decide to host guests in their home, then you can earn $75.
- Groupon – You can buy just about anything on Groupon. For every person that you refer, you’ll earn $10 in credit when they make their first purchase.
Bonus Tips and Tricks
If you’re looking to make some free money or save money, there are a couple of things that you should know. If you sign up for a free trial with a company or service, it’s important that you cancel that subscription before you’re charged. If you don’t want to be charged, then you will need to set a reminder on your phone or put a date on your calendar of when you should cancel the trial. With the vast majority of companies, as soon as your free trial ends, they are going to charge your card.
Another tip is that you should always read the fine print and terms. As you can probably guess, there are a lot of loopholes that you’ll have to jump through with a lot of these offers. One of the worst things that could happen is for you to not get your free money after going through all of the trouble.
If you have a blog or you use Facebook a lot, then you can share your referral codes on those platforms. If you have a lot of friends or readers, then you could end up with a lot of money, just for simply putting your code out there. It’s important to note, if you’re a blogger, you will need to disclose that you’ll be compensated. This is required by the Federal Trade Commission, which means that you should probably follow all of the rules.
Another way that you could make the most out of these referral codes is to add them to your email signature. If you want to make some money with the Uber code, add your referral code at the body, and include the $10 free ride. You’ll be surprised to see how many people sign up using your code or link.