Open an Ally Invest account now, and receive up to a $3,000 cash bonus.
Ally Invest has consistently been rated as one of the leading online discount brokers, with best in class features, including commission-free trades, no account minimums, a long list of investment and account options, a robust trading platform, and excellent trading tools. You also have the ability to link your brokerage account with an Ally Bank account, giving you quick access to your cash.
Ally Invest has also won numerous industry awards from companies such as Barron’s, SmartMoney Magazine, Kiplinger’s, and others.
Ally Invest eliminated commissions for stock and ETF trades, with $0.50 option contracts, both among the lowest in the industry. Ally Invest offers live customer support, free trading tools, and an online community where traders and investors can share tips and ideas. You can learn more about Ally Invest in our full review.
Ally Invest Promotions and Bonus Offers
These are the current Ally Invest sign up bonuses:
|Ally Invest Bonus||Deposit or Transfer|
|$2,000||$1MM - $1.99MM|
|$1,200||$500k - $999.9k|
|$600||$250k - $499.9k|
|$300||$100k - $249.9k|
|$250||$25k - $99.9k|
|$100||$10k - $24.9k|
Sign Up Bonus Fine Print:
- Offer is open to U.S. residents only and excludes current Ally Invest account holders and former Ally Invest (formerly TradeKing Securities LLC) account holders who have closed their accounts within the past 90 days. The new account must be opened using the Open Account button associated with this specific Promotional Offer to be eligible for the bonus(es).
- One sign up bonus per person.
Expiration & Funding:
- Accounts must be opened by 12/31/21 and funded within 60 days of account opening to qualify for the cash bonus.
- The funds deposited into the new account must be from outside AllyFinancial.
- Once the account is credited with the bonus, the bonus and initial qualifying deposit (minus any trading losses) are not available for withdrawal for 300 days. If the qualifying deposit is withdrawn, the bonus may be revoked.
Ally Invest Will Even Reimburse Transfer Fees! (up to $150)
Move your account to Ally Invest and we’ll credit transfer fees your other brokerage may charge, up to $150, when you complete a first-time account transfer for $2,500 or more — just complete this transfer form. Your credit will be deposited to your account within 30 days of receipt of evidence of charge. This transfer reimbursement offer does not apply to Termination Fees or Maintenance Fees.
Ally Invest must receive your ACAT transfer form within 15 days to receive the reimbursement. See Ally Invest website for more details.
Ally Invest – a Tradition of Excellence
Over 10 years ago, I opened a brokerage account with TradeKing, one of the leading discount brokerage firms. At the time, they were offering a $50 sign up bonus for new customers. That was all I needed to open an account and get started. I’ve kept my account open through the years, even after they were acquired by Ally Bank in 2016, and formally merged into the Ally family in 2017.
The result was a rebranding as Ally Invest.
Ally Invest features the same great features that were found with TradeKing. But you can now integrate it with an Ally Bank account, which is a nice feature (for example, it makes it super easy to transfer money back and forth from your respective investment and savings accounts).
TradeKing was known for frequently offering promotions and bonuses for new customers, including free trades, sign up bonuses, referral bonuses, and ACAT transfer fee reimbursements. Ally Invest has offered several similar signup bonuses since they acquired TradeKing, and we will update this page with these offers as soon as information becomes available.
For now, we will share some of the information about Ally Invest’s pricing and features.
Ally Invest Pricing & Features
Ally Invest brings a tradition of competitive pricing and excellent features.
Ally Invest Pricing:
Ally Invest offers commission-free trading on all U.S exchange-listed stock, ETF, and options trades. Options contracts are priced at just $0.50 per contract. You can also find dozens of great ETFs to round out your investment portfolio.
Here are some of the top-rated brokerage firms and their pricing structures:
|Discount Brokerage Firm||Cost Per|
|$0.00||$0.00 + $0.50|
|$0.00||$0.00 + $0.65|
|$0.00||$0.00 + $0.00|
|$0.00||$0.00 + $0.65|
($0.00 + $0.50 for active traders)
Ally Invest Features:
|Commissions & Fees||$0|
|Options Trades||$0 + $0.50|
|Mutual Fund Trades||$9.95|
|Types of Investments||Stocks, Penny Stocks, Options, ETFs, Mutual Funds, Bonds, FOREX, Futures|
|Types of Accounts||Taxable, Joint, Custodial, Trusts, Limited Partnerships, Partnerships, Non-Profit, |
Retirement Accounts (Roth IRA, Traditional IRA, Rollover IRA, SEP IRA, SIMPLE IRA, 401(k), Solo 401(k), Annuities)
College (529, Coverdell)
|Managed Portfolio Option||Cash Enhanced Managed Portfolio|
|Banking Services||Checking, Savings, CDs, Money Market|
|App Availability||iOS, Android, mobile optimized website.|
|Customer Service||24/7 phone, live chat, and email until March 25, 2020. Hours will change to 7 am – 10 pm ET until further notice, due to coronavirus outbreak.|
|FINRA CRD#||CRD#: 136131|
|SEC Registration Number||SEC#: 8-66982|
|Current Promotions||Ally Invest Promotion - Up to $3,000 Cash Bonus|
Ally Invest includes the following features:
- Low-cost stock trades (see above for pricing)
- Ability to open Roth IRAs, traditional IRAs, Coverdell ESA accounts for college savings, and a regular taxable brokerage account, joint accounts, and more.
- Invest in Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETFs, options trades, and even FOREX (foreign currencies).
- Education and Training section
- Tax manager to track cost basis, trades, dividends, and additional information