USAA recently flew me and several other military bloggers down to their headquarters in San Antonio to get a sneak peak at two of their new iPhone applications, the USAA Auto Circle and USAA Home Circle.
These new iPhone apps are great tools, but before I get into the details, I want to thank USAA for inviting me down to San Antonio and giving me the opportunity to work with them over the two day event, as well as meet some great military bloggers, including Hank from Military Money Might, J. Money from Budgets Are Sexy, Dan from Military Avenue, Brandy from Army Wife Magazine, Kate Kashman from The Paycheck Chronicles, and many others.
I have been a USAA member for about 10 years now and have always loved their service. Meeting several of their team members and seeing their dedication to the military and their families gave me a new found respect for what they do.
USAA Auto Circle and Home Circle
Back to the new iPhone apps… These new iPhone apps let you go through the entire car buying or home buying experience through your iPhone, including researching the purchase, financing it, and insuring it.
- USAA Auto Circle features: Find and compare vehicles, Save money with pre-negotiated no-hassle prices (average savings is $4,508 off MSRP**), Finance your purchase, and insure it – all from your iPhone.
- USAA Home Circle features: Search for homes for rent or sale; Personalize your experience by savings listings, uploading photos and captions to your saved entries, create map routes to see homes in order, map driving routes to/from work, school and other attractions; and save with MoversAdvantage® a USAA program that gives members a cash bonus in most states for buying or selling a home through a USAA recommended Real Estate Agent.
Don’t have an iPhone? Don’t worry – these apps are currently being developed for the Blackberry and Android platforms.
About USAA. USAA provides insurance, banking, investment and retirement products and services to 7.7 million members of the U.S. military and their families. USAA membership is open to all who are serving or have honorably served our nation in the U.S. military – and their families. For more information about USAA, check out this USAA review.
- Read J. Money’s review of Auto Circle and Home Circle: USAA Top Secret Tools Comin’ at Ya!
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA).
- Calculating Real Estate Investment Return.
- How Your Credit Score Impacts Interest Rates.
- 5 Bad Habits Sabotaging Your Retirement Plans. An article I recently wrote for US News On Retirement Blog
- Long Term Care Insurance Basics.
- Contest: Comment on This Post and You Could Win an iPod Touch!.
- How to Create the Perfect eBay Listing: Step 5 – Return Policies & Problem Transactions.
- Is Financing a Car An Effective Way to Build Your Credit? .
- The Siren’s Call of Passive Income.
- 30 Ways To Save Money On A Cruise.
- Best of Money Carnival – “What I Love About America” Edition, Tax Carnival #72: Independence Day, Festival of Frugality, Carnival of Personal Finance 264th Edition, Festival of Frugality, Carnival of Financial Planning, Carnival of Money Stories – Starting A Sideline Edition.