Owning a travel rewards credit card can make life a lot easier when it comes to planning a trip, especially if it’s international. When looking or a travel rewards credit card, it’s important to find one with a low APR, a great rewards program and if possible, one without an annual fee. The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express fits nearly every traveler’s needs and now is offering up to 25,000 bonus Starpoints® – that’s enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel like the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, or six free nights at a Category 2 Hotel.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN has long been a consumer favorite for its generous and flexible rewards program. Cardholders have the ability to redeem their rewards points for a variety of offers including free nights at participating hotels and free flights. The best part is that you never have to worry about blackout dates when you redeem your rewards points.
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest® Card – 25,000 Bonus Points: New cardholders can receive a 10,000 point bonus after they open a card and make their first purchase. They can earn an additional 15,000 points after they spend $5,000 in the first six months of cardmembership.
A smart credit card carrier knows that signing up for a credit card simply for the intro offer isn’t always the best idea. So let’s run through other benefits Starwood Card holders will have:
Ability to earn free flights and hotel stays. Cardmembers can redeem their Starpoints on over 350 airlines without having to worry about any blackout dates. Redeeming Starpoints for hotel nights is also easy, and again, you don’t have to worry about blackout dates. You can redeem your Starpoints for hotel stays at over 1,100 different hotels, in nearly 100 countries.
Transfer your Starpoints. To top it off, your Starpoints are transferable to other rewards and airline programs. In fact, you can even earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to select frequent flyer programs (there are over 30 participating programs at the time of this writing).
Here is an overview of the perks offered by the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express:
- Starpoints® bonus: earn up to 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
- That’s enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel like the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, or six free nights at a Category 2 Hotel
- Free Hotel Nights: redeem Starpoints at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide – with no blackout dates
- Free Flights: redeem Starpoints on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights – with no blackout dates
- Get 5,000 bonus Starpoints after you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a frequent flyer program with more than 30 airlines
- No limits on the number of Starpoints you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and Restrictions apply.
Any American Express cardholder will tell you how valuable their customer service and rewards program are and the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express follows suit. To take advantage of this 25,000 bonus point offer, visit the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card application.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.