Note: This offer has expired and is no longer be available. PerkStreet has since stopped accepting new customers. Here is a list of recommended free online checking accounts.
If you count yourself among those who are avoiding credit cards, then you probably use a debit card for most major purchases and online shopping. Debit cards are a great way to keep your spending in check and avoid taking on debt. Unfortunately, most debit cards don’t offer much for the consumer, other than convenience. But there are a few out there which offer rewards, such as cash back and points. Perhaps the best among these is PerkStreet FinancialSM, which offers a great cash back debit card program.
PerkStreet $25 New Account Bonus
If you are looking for a new checking account and debit card and are interested in earning cash back, then I recommend checking out PerkStreet Financial (so does Dave Ramsey: Dave Ramsey Recommends PerkStreet Financial Rewards Debit Card). And for a limited time, you can get a special bonus for opening a new account – PerkStreet is offering a $25 sign up bonus!
How to get the $25 sign up bonus. If you open a PerkStreet Checking Account before December 31, 2011 and deposit at least $25 in your new account, then you will receive a $25 bonus in your new account. Not a bad deal if you ask me!
$25 is a nice sign up bonus, but it gets better – PerkStreet offers the best cash back debit rewards card on the market. PerkStreet also offers bonuses at different times throughout the year.
Here are some of the details of their cash rewards program:
There are no monthly maintenance fees and the Average American will earn $500 every year in cash back. Here are some details on their cash back program:
- 1% unlimited cash back for all non-PIN debit card purchases*
- 2% cash back on online purchases at: Amazon.com®, iTunes®, Target.com, Apple.com, Walmart.com and Bestbuy.com.* Online purchase bonus perks limited to $2,500 in spend every calendar year.
- 2% cash back in-store, when you have a Current Account Balance of $5,000 or more at: Walmart, Target®, Best Buy® & Apple® stores.* Offline purchase bonus perks limited to $2,500 in spend every calendar year.
- 2% unlimited cash back when you and a friend use your cards together at the same restaurant, bar or coffee shop.* Transactions must occur within 60 minutes of each other to qualify.
- Up to 25% cash back, and sometimes more, on PowerPerks deals which are special in-store and/or online deals that are sent to your inbox every week.
Offer Expires soon! Open a PerkStreet Financial Account. This offer expires Dec. 31, 2011. You can open a new PerkStreet Financial account by visiting their website: http://www.perkstreet.com/.