If you are looking for a new online broker, then right now may be a good time to take a long look at OptionsHouse, one of the top rated online discount brokerage firms. OptionsHouse is currently running a special promotion: $1,000 in commission free stock trades when you open a new OptionsHouse account.
Why choose OptionsHouse?
OptionsHouse is one of the top online brokerage firms and was rated #1 in Trade Experience for Options Brokers by Barron’s (a Wall Street Journal company). Along with high ratings, OptionsHouse offers users a wide array of trading tools and educational experiences, along with free use of the Maxit tax-management tool to manage your gains and losses. Their $4.95 standard trades are among the lowest in the industry (only TradeKing reviews are showing anything close), and their options trades are very competitive at $0.50 per contract + $4.95 base. On top of these features, OptionsHouse offers no maintenance fees, volume requirements, monthly minimums, or additional charges for broker assisted trades.
- $4.95 Stock Trades, Two tier options pricing (see review link below for more details).
- No Maintenance Fees, Volume Requirements, Monthly Minimums, or Connection Charges.
- Ability to trade stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, US Treasuries, and other investments.
- Free educational resources, seminars and webinars.
- $100 Transfer Fee Reimbursement to transfer your brokerage account to OptionsHouse (use code ACAT100REFUND when opening the account or by referencing this code when speaking with an OptionsHouse customer service representative; minimum deposits may be required to receive ACAT fee reimbursement).
- Full OptionsHouse review.
How does OptionsHouse compare to other brokerages? See how OptionsHouse compares to Scottrade, or where they rank among the top online discount brokers. You can also read the OptionsHouse Brokerage Review for more in depth information.
Trade Free for 60 Days – Up to $1,000 in Commission Free Trades
- Open a new OptionsHouse brokerage account.
- No Promo Code required!
- Receive up to $1,000 in commission free stock trades within your first 60 days.
You then have 60 days from the time you fund your account to use your commission-free trades. Free trades are eligible to be used on regular stock and options trades. You will not receive cash compensation for any unused free trade commissions.
1 – Offer valid for new customers who open an Individual, Joint or IRA OptionsHouse account by 12/31/2016 and fund within 60 days of account opening with $5,000 or more. Offer is not transferable and not valid with internal transfers, current OptionsHouse accounts, futures or futures options transactions, or with other offers. Qualified commission-free Internet equity or options trades will be limited to a maximum of 100 and must execute within 60 days of account funding. Contract, exercise, and assignment fees still apply. Limit one offer per customer. OptionsHouse reserves the right to restrict, revoke or terminate this offer at any time. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business.
2 – Restrictions to the flat commission rate or per share fee charges may apply. Customers may pay additional market-related expenses incurred in connection with orders or related customer accounts, including cancellation fees, product specific fees, regulatory fees, directed order execution fees and expenses associated with Make/Take models. Please see Fees for more detail..
Overall, it looks like OptionsHouse is among the more competitive online discount brokerage firms and definitely deserves a look if you are considering a new brokerage firm. For more information or to open an OptionsHouse account, visit http://www.optionshouse.com/.