A good mortgage rate can save you thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of your home loan. That is why shopping around for good mortgage rates should be on your to do list before applying for a new mortgage or refinancing your existing mortgage.
How Do You Find Good Mortgage Rates?
Mortgage Rates are constantly changing and are based on many variables, including the average interest rates, the duration of the loan, and more. Your personal situation may also affect interest rates, including you credit history and credit score, income, the amount of your down payment, participation in government programs and other factors.
Use the mortgage rate table below to search for good mortgage rates in your area. Simply click on the links in the mortgage rate table or use the drop down box to select your terms.
About this mortgage rates table. The mortgage rates in this table are provided by third party companies for the benefit of Cash Money Life readers. Please contact the specific lender for more information regarding mortgage or loan services.
What you need to know about mortgage rates
The following articles may help you better understand how mortgages work and how to get the best rates on a mortgage or save money when you refinance your mortgage.
- Factors That Affect Mortgage Interest Rates. More goes into a mortgage than you might think.
- How to Lower Your Mortgage Payments. Everyone with a mortgage wants to know how they can lower their payments. This article gives you three solid ways you can save money on your mortgage payment each month.
- When Should You Refinance a Mortgage? Refinancing your mortgage can save you a ton of money over the course of your loan. This article can help you decide if it is a good idea to apply for a refinance loan.
- What Credit Score Do You Need to Refinance a Mortgage? Refinancing your mortgage is a great idea if you can save money each month and if you can lock in these rates, which are currently near historic lows. This article shows you how your credit score plays an important role in refinancing your mortgage.
- FICO 8 Mortgage Score Could Make it Harder to Get Approved. A new FICO credit score is playing a larger role on how lenders gauge your credit-worthiness.
- How to Get Rid of Private Mortgage Insurance. Are you paying PMI? Find out how you can get rid of PMI once and for all and repay your mortgage more quickly!
- Should You Make Biweekly Mortgage Payments?. Paying your mortgage bi-weekly can save your hundreds of dollars each year, and thousands of dollars over the course of your mortgage.
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Early or Invest? This is a common question with no firm answer. Take a look at your options and make the best decision based on your needs.
- Should You Pay Points on a Mortgage? Paying points on your mortgage can potentially save you tens of thousands of dollars over the course of your mortgage.
- Mortgage Pre-qualification vs. Pre-approval. You will want to get this language down when you are searching for a house – the difference is bigger than you might think!
- Understanding the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction, Part One. Paying interest on your mortgage may lead to a tax deduction for you. This article breaks down the basics of the home interest mortgage deduction.