For those who are new to my website or haven’t read everything, here are some of my favorite and/or most popular articles (in no particular order):
Here is a recap of the top articles from 2008: Cash Money Life – A 2008 Retrospective.
- Selecting an MBA Program – Series: An 8 part series exploring many aspects of an MBA degree including associated costs, ROI, value of school ranking, and more.
- Applying for an MBA Program – Series: An 8 part series explaining the necessary steps to enhance your MBA application. Topics include GMAT, essays, Letters of Recommendation, and more.
- Buying a Car: Benefits of Buying a New Car, Why You Should Buy a Used Car, Why I bought a New Car, Save Money by Trading in Your Car.
- How Long Should You Keep Financial Documents? – This is a great primer to prepare for taxes and make sure you keep the important documents as long as required by the IRS!
- A Penny Saved is Worth More Than a Penny Earned – Ben Franklin’s famous quote may have been true once upon a time, but not anymore!
- Automatic Withdrawal / Deposit Scam – Watch out for this scam!
- When You Should Play the Lottery - because everyone should play the lottery!
- 10 Reasons Credit Cards Are Good – if used correctly.
To Save You Money:
- 25 Ways I Save Money – things that almost everyone can do to save some serious money!
- Save Money by Trading In Your Car – there are tax considerations for trading in your car; some of which can save you a lot of money!
- Challenge Your Property Taxes and Win! – How my wife and I challenged our property tax assessment and saved hundreds of dollars.
- 2 Phone Calls Saved Me $1000 - and you can do the same.
- Hidden Costs of Taking a Cruise – This article is based on my cruise experiences, and how you can save money when taking a cruise or other vacation.
To Make You Laugh:
- The 10 Commandments of Money – this was in response to the Vatican releasing 10 Commandments for Driving.
- How to Be a Gold-Digger – can you believe people actually Google this query?
- Earn $10 Million By Not Building Model Trains – It’s true. This is my retirement plan.
- Earn $1 Million By Not Buying a Nintendo Wii – This is a similar take as the model train article; it’s all in good fun!
To Make You Think:
- Is A Job Worth Your Life?- some of the highest paying jobs are also the most dangerous.
- Credit Cards and Guns – Credit cards a guns are both very similar – they are wonderful tools when used properly, but can have devastating results when misused.
- How Much Do Professional Benchwarmers Earn? Ever wonder how much the minimum salary is for professional athletes? This article tells all!
- Sports Pensions – This articles covers the retirement plans for the major US sports.
- The 5 Worst Credit Card Practices – Featured at Five Cent Nickel. Credit card companies are not always known for being friendly to your wallet. These common practices can cost consumers a lot of money! Published June 26, 2007.
- Six Streams of Income – Featured at Moolanomy. Alternative income streams are a great way to increase your overall income and reduce your reliance on your main source of income, usually your day job. Published Dec 15, 2007.
- Diets and Budgets – Featured at Mrs. Micah. Diets and budgets have quite a few things in common – they are both road maps to get you where you need to go. But you should also allow for a detour every now and then. Published February 7, 2008.
- Sharpen Your Soft Skills – Featured at Brip Blap. Soft skills are the intangibles that you use every day to accomplish tasks. Communication skills, leadership skills, and teamwork are some common skills that employers screen for when interviewing job applicants. To put it simply, improving your soft skills increases your chances of being hired and keeping your job. Published May 19, 2008.
- Financial Checklist for New Parents – Featured at Bargaineering.com. This article covers a checklist of financial topics new parents need to address both before and after becoming parents. Published July 22, 2009.
- Got the Christmas Debt Blues? – Featured at No Debt Plan. This article covers ways to more quickly eliminate credit card debt. Published Feb 2, 2010.