If you are looking for a new brokerage account, then check out the promotion E*Trade is currently offering. New E*Trade customers are eligible for free stock trades for 60 days, plus a cash bonus of up to $600 when they open a new account and meet certain criteria. To qualify for the free stock trades, the new customer must fund their account with a minimum of $10,000 within 60 days. To earn the cash bonus, accounts must be funded within 45 days (cash bonus depends on the amount transferred to E*Trade within the qualifying time frame). Let’s take a look at these offers in more detail.
E*Trade Cash Bonus and Free Stock Trades
New E*Trade customers must make an initial deposit within 45 days and the funds must remain in the account for at least 6 months to be eligible for this cash bonus. Depending on how much you deposit, you can receive up to a $600 bonus on your initial deposit. The cash bonus and corresponding required deposit are below:
Deposit Amount – (Cash Bonus)
- Deposit: $250,000 or more – ($600 cash bonus)
- Deposit: $100,000 – $249,999 – ($300 cash bonus)
- Deposit: $25,000 – $99,999 – ($200 cash bonus)
Free stock trades at E*Trade.
New E*Trade customers are eligible for up to 500 commission free trades for the first 60 days of they are an E*Trade customer. You will be charged the normal rate for the trades, but the commissions will be credited to your account within one week. The free stock trades do not cover the cost of options contract fees.
Here are additional details for these promotions:
- Offer valid for one new E*TRADE Retirement account opened by December 31, 2016 and funded within 45 days of account opening with at least $25,000 for the cash credit offer and funded within 60 days of account opening with at least $10,000 for the free trade offer.
- This offer is not valid for E*TRADE Bank accounts.
- New funds or securities must remain in the account (minus any trading losses) for a minimum of six months or the credit may be surrendered.
- One promotion per customer.
- E*TRADE Securities reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time. Consult your tax professional regarding limits on depositing and rolling over qualified assets. Other restrictions may apply.
- Use it or lose it: no credit will be given for unused trades
About E*Trade: E*Trade is one of the oldest online brokerage firms in the US, with a long history of awards, including multiple selections as the brokerage of the year by SmartMoney Magazine in 2007, 2008, and 2009. For more information check out this E*Trade Online Brokerage Account Review or visit the E*Trade website.