This week, American Express sponsored a promotion on this site to give away 10 Flip video cameras. American Express sponsored the giveaway to bring attention to their American Express Charge Card lineup, which features a points rewards program. The Flip video cameras are just one of many items available through the rewards program.
Flip Video Camera Giveaway
Because Christmas is right around the corner and I will be traveling around Christmas, I decided to keep the duration of the contest short and it was open for 4 days. There were 68 qualified entries, many of which offered excellent tips for making your money work harder this holiday season.
Entry into the giveaway was free and easy – simply answer this question: “What is the savviest way you have made your money work harder for you this holiday season?”
There were so many great answers that it was difficult to choose who to award the video cameras to, so I chose 5 of my favorites, then placed the rest in a list for a random drawing.
The winners are: Cherri, Danny, Evan, Jan, Jason (comment 22), Johanna, Mandy, MLR, Samir, and San. Congratulations, everyone!
I have notified the winners by e-mail, and I will forward their addresses to American Express when I receive them.
Get your tax questions answered by TurboTax
Every year TurboTax runs a program where they have tax professionals answer tax questions for the general public. This program normally starts in early January, but TurboTax started it early this year due to the large number of questions related to the the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package).
From now until January 31, you can get a tax question answered by a tax professional, whether or not you are a TurboTax customer. you can submit a personal, federal tax-related question online at www.freetaxquestion.com, and you will receive a personal phone call from the tax pro at the time you request. I took advantage of this program last year, and may just do it again.
Recommended personal finance and career articles:
- Best Personal Finance Practices of 2009. Great personal finance tips that you may be able to implement to improve your finances.
- Debt Collector Scare Tactics Straight Out of Goodfellas. Know your rights when it comes to debt collections and avoid illegal practices.
- Tax Considerations For Ministers. Interesting reading for those of you who are in the ministry, or are just curious about taxes.
- Are You Prepared for a Weather Emergency or Natural Disaster?.
- How I Escaped The Rat Race. Tips from a small business owner who created a successful business and forged his own path.
- The Worst Money Stories I’ve Heard. You can’t help someone who is not willing to help themselves. It’s a tough lesson to learn.
- Why I Passed on a 90% Pay Increase – What’s Your Price? Money isn’t everything.
- Differences in Credit Card Practices in the US and International Markets. Interesting read. The US relies on too much cheap credit – especially compared to our international peers.
This weeks carnivals:
- Carnival of Money Stories #32 – Winter Is Here Edition @ Canadian Finance Blog.
- Best of Money Carnival #29.
- Carnival of road to financial independence #14 @ One Family’s Blog.
- Baby Boomers Blog Carnival Eighteenth Edition @ Baby Boomers US.