Citi just announced they are offering an increased balance transfer period for their premier balance transfer credit card. Intro APR Period: 0% APR for 21 months on balance transfers and 21 months on purchases. This balance transfer offer is a great opportunity to take advantage of 0% interest rates.
Those who qualify for a 21 month 0% balance transfer offer are in for a real treat – this hasn’t been available from most major credit card companies for several years now due to the effects of the economic crisis on the credit industry. But now that the dust is settling on the Credit CARD Act, it looks like some of the credit card companies are getting more competitive with their credit card offers – which means better offers for consumers!
Longest Balance Transfer Offers – 21 Months
Citi currently offers two credit cards with a 21 month 0% balance transfer offer. Here are the cards and their features:
The Citi Simplicity® Card, from our partner Citi, features: a 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 21 months. This is a market leader, and by itself is enough to make this an attractive card. But this card also has a special feature I’ve not seen on any other credit card – no late fees or penalty rate hikes if you miss a payment. After the 0% intro APR, the variable APR will be 12.99% – 22.99% based on your creditworthiness. There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. There is no annual fee. This card is one of the better options for consolidating credit card debt. Here are the main points:
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% – 22.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- No late fees – EVER
- No penalty rate – EVER
- No annual fee – EVER
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day.
- Apply for the Citi Simplicity® Card.
The Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card, from our partner Citi, features: a 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After the into period, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.* Like most cards, there is a fee to transfer your balance, which comes out to $5 or 3% of the amount you transfer to your new card, whichever is higher. This card features a valuable rewards program which you can use to earn points that can be redeemed for gifts cards, merchandise, and more. Here are the main points for this card:
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi Easy Deals(SM) Get what you want for less. Earn Citi Easy Deals Points for the purchases you make with your card. Redeem your points for great online deals on name-brand merchandise, gift cards and even local deals.
- Let our 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee*
- Apply for the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card.
Which card is better? The decision comes down to what you are looking for. The key is to run the numbers and determine which benefits are most important to you – a longer 0% intro, cash back, rewards program, no annual fees, no penalties for late payments, or other perks.
With the credit card market opening up and becoming more competitive, it makes sense to get a card that will give you more benefits as a consumer. Find the credit card that meets your needs.
Advertising Disclosure: This page contains advertisements. This page does not include all available credit card offers from all advertisers (that would be literally hundreds, if not thousands of credit cards). This credit card review was not reviewed by, endorsed, paid for, or approved by Citi or any other credit card issuer. All opinions, reviews, and recommendations reflect the author’s honest opinions, beliefs, and experiences. We receive compensation from our advertisers. Compensation impacts how and where products appear on this site (including for example, the order in which they appear). Back to Top.